As a fifth Saturday circles around again, join your friends for an evening of advanced dancing at Coloma Community Center. Zesty contra dances mean that there will be some unusual dance patterns more challenging than our regular second and fourth Saturday dances (such as petronella turns, contra corners, and mad robins), more dances will have brief or no walk-throughs, and the music is a bit more fast-paced. This is not the evening for first-time dancers, but dancers with some experience can rise to the occasion and really enjoy the complexity and exuberant fun.
May 30, 2015 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Headlining are caller Jean Gibson-Gorrindo and The Rosin Doctors (Topher Gayle, Erik Hoffman and Dan Engle).
- Jean Gorrindo: http://www.jeangorrindo.com
- The Rosin Doctors: https://www.facebook.com/TheRosinDoctors
Special donation: $12 for adults; $10 for college students with ID; $8 for high school students with ID; $30 maximum for families
There will be no newcomer’s orientation before this dance. If you are a newcomer, please join us instead at the second Saturday contra dance, June 13, which will include a family dance at 5:30, potluck dinner at 7:00, and newcomer’s orientation at 7:30.
No partners are needed, so come by yourself or with friends or with family.
Location: Coloma Community Center, 4623 T St, Sacramento, CA 95819
These events are accessible to people with disabilities. Potluck snacks are available at the break, and we encourage you to bring something to share.
- Website: http://www.sactocds.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-Country-Dance-Society/139393589464558
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SacContraDance (@SacContraDance)
- Yahoo Groups: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SactoCDS/
- or call Susan or David at (916) 739-8906