We can’t get enough of caller David Newitt, so he has graciously agreed to return to Roseville this Sunday, June 7, to lead us in another smile-filled afternoon of English Country Dancing! In addition to other dances both easy and challenging, David will help us polish some of the dances he taught in April. Our very own “Quite Carried Away” will provide the live music for our dancing pleasure.
- Time: 3:00 – 6:00PM, with newcomer’s workshop at 2:30PM
- Location: Polish American Hall, 327 Main St, Roseville
If you saw the couple dancing in any of the Jane Austen movies such as “Pride and Prejudice,” you saw English Country Dancing. If you can walk, and know the difference between left and right, you can do these same dances!
As usual, beginners are welcome and no partners are necessary. If you are bringing, or know of any, first-timers, please ask them to come at 2:30 for the “Introduction to Basics” mini workshop that precedes the dance. First-timers attending the “Introduction to Basics” workshop receive a coupon for half-off at their next dance! It’s always lovely when people bring a snack to share!
Admission is $10 for adults; $8 for full-time college students; $5 for high school and younger; $25 maximum per family.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-Country-Dance-Society/139393589464558
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SacContraDance (@SacContraDance)
- Yahoo Groups: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SactoCDS/ (if you were forwarded this email and would like to join yourself)
- or call Susan or David at (916) 739-8906
Echo Summit Dance Camp, September 18-20 at Camp Sacramento, is now open for registration at https://sactocds.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/2015-echo-summit-flyer.pdf.