The Crabapples and Jean Gorrindo are fresh off a tour of the mid-Atlantic states, where they played for several contra dances and enjoyed the traditional music of the other side of the United States. Come listen and dance!
Tricks and Treats!
Prizes for the most boo-tiful costumes,
So wig out and mask up!
All skeletons dance out of the closet
to the tunes of the rhythm rattling
Crabapples at the Halloween dance
Saturday, October 31st.
A community potluck precedes the dance, starting at 6:30PM. Bring a dish to share and serving utensils. You may also bring your own table setting to save on disposables.
Though this is a fifth Saturday dance, it is not specifically a zesty contra, so dancers of all skill levels are welcome. There will be a workshop, most dances will be walked through, as usual, and only a few dances will be advanced.
Contra Dance (Fifth Saturday Halloween Dance)
- Headlining is Jean Gibson-Gorrindo, calling to the music of The Crabapples (Norm Cotton, Marta Lynch, Bob Silberstein and Teresa Fife).
- October 31, 2015 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Location: Coloma Community Center, 4623 T St, Sacramento, CA 95819
- Special pricing: $12 for adults; $10 for college students with ID; $5 for dancers under 18; $30 maximum for families
A newcomer’s orientation is offered at 7:30PM, perfect for people who have not contra danced before, or who could use some refresher. Experienced dancers are invited to partner with newcomers during the orientation and early dances to help integrate them into the community.
No partners are needed, so come by yourself or with friends or with family. Potluck snacks are available at the break, and we encourage you to bring something to share. These events are accessible to people with disabilities.
- Jean Gorrindo: http://www.jeangorrindo.com
- The Crabapples: https://www.facebook.com/The-Crabapples-113312228710804/ & http://thecrabapples.com