- Talent: Bruce Hamilton calling to the music of Quite Carried Away
- Date: Sunday, November 18, 2018
- Time: 2:00-5:00 pm, with newcomer’s workshop at 1:30 pm
- Location: Camp Pollock, 1501 Northgate Blvd, Sacramento, CA
- Cost: $10 for adults; $8 for college students with ID; $5 for dancers under 18; $25 maximum for families (cash or check)
Our new third-Sunday English country dance series has been a smashing success so far! Over 40 dancers enjoyed the live music and dancing in the lodge at our last Camp Pollock event. On the north side of the American River, only 5 minutes from downtown and midtown Sacramento, and on the American River Bike Trail, Camp Pollock provides easy parking, a wonderful dance floor, and great acoustics.
Everyone’s favorite caller, Bruce Hamilton, has created a program of both familiar and new dances made all the more pleasurable by the melodious harmonies provided by our house band, Quite Carried Away. The band is Dick Holdstock on octave mandolin and banjo, Susan Jones and Sandra Westfall on concertinas, Arlene Jamar on piano, Jane Kostka on whistle, Martin Lodahl on viola da gamba, and David Wright on fiddle and mandolin. Ask about their CD!
As usual, beginners are welcome and no partners are necessary. All first-timers are eligible to receive a coupon for half off their next dance if they attend our introductory session that begins at 1:30 pm. Please bring a snack to share at the dance.
For more information, and lost and found, call Laura Leonelli, 916-549-7093, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 24: contra dance
December 2: English country dance in Roseville
December 8: contra dance