- Talent: Sharon Green calling to the music of Quite Carried Away
- Date: Sunday, December 16, 2018
- Time: 2:00-5:00 pm, with newcomer’s workshop at 1:30 pm
- Location: Camp Pollock, 1501 Northgate Blvd, Sacramento, CA
- Cost: $10 for adults; $8 for college students with ID; $5 for dancers under 18; $25 maximum for families (cash or check)
Camp Pollock is only five minutes from downtown and midtown Sacramento by car, with easy parking. Or skip the traffic and take the American River Bike Trail. Either way, you’ll find a wonderful dance floor and great acoustics for the live music provided by our house band, Quite Carried Away.
Sharon Green loves welcoming newcomers to the joys of English country dance. Having come to country dancing as a non-dancing adult, she knows what a challenge it can be for beginners; she also knows that it just gets better and better. Quite Carried Away is Susan Jones, Arlene Jamar, Sandy Westfall, Jane Kostka, Martin Lodahl, and Dick Holdstock. Ask about their CD!
As usual, beginners are welcome and no partners are necessary. If you are bringing, or know of any, first-timers, please urge them to come at 1:30 for the introductory workshop that precedes the dance. All dancers are welcome at the workshop, but first-time attendees receive a coupon for half-off admission at their next dance!
For more information, and lost and found, call Laura Leonelli, 916-549-7093, or email email@example.com.
December 31: New Year’s Eve contra dance
January 6: Winters contra dance
January 6: English country dance in Roseville