- Talent: Sharon Green calling to the music of Quite Carried Away
- Date: Sunday, February 3, 2019
- Time: 2:00-5:00 pm, with newcomer’s workshop at 1:30 pm
- Location: Polish American Hall, 327 Main St, Roseville
- Cost: $10 for adults; $8 for college students with ID; $5 for dancers under 18; $25 maximum for families (cash or check)
Sharon Green simply loves welcoming newcomers to the joys of English country dance. Having come to country dancing as a non-dancing adult, she knows what a challenge it can be for beginners; she also knows that it just gets better and better. Our house band, Quite Carried Away, is Susan Jones, Arlene Jamar, Sandy Westfall, Jane Kostka, Martin Lodahl, and Dick Holdstock. Ask about their CD!
Want to help decide how our dances operate and suggest new activities? Then consider joining the English Dance Committee! We are an all-volunteer organization, and we need both your input and your energy. The next committee meeting is February 7th. For more information, contact committee chair Chris Ratekin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, and lost and found, call Laura Leonelli, 916-549-7093, or email email@example.com.
As usual, beginners are welcome and no partners are necessary. If you are bringing, or know of any, first-timers, please urge them to come at 1:30 for the introductory workshop that precedes the dance. All dancers are welcome at the workshop, but first-time attendees receive a coupon for half-off admission at their next dance!
February 9: potluck and contra dance
February 17: English country dance at Camp Pollock
February 23: contra dance