- Talent: Alisa Dodson calling to the music of Quite Carried Away
- Date: Sunday, February 17, 2019
- Time: 2:00-5:00 pm, with newcomer’s workshop at 1:30 pm
- Location: Camp Pollock, 1501 Northgate Blvd, Sacramento
- Cost: $10 for adults; $8 for college students with ID; $5 for dancers under 18; $25 maximum for families (cash or check)
Alisa Dodson has been English country dancing since 1980 and calling since 1990. She was involved in BACDS dance in the Bay Area for many years before moving away, and she now lives in the old gold mining town of Murphys. Quite Carried Away is Dick Holdstock on octave mandolin and banjo, Susan Jones and Sandra Westfall on concertinas, Arlene Jamar on piano, Jane Kostka on whistle, Martin Lodahl on viola da gamba, and David Wright on fiddle and mandolin. Ask about their CD!
As usual, beginners are welcome and no partners are necessary. If you are bringing, or know of any, first-timers, please urge them to come at 1:30 for the introductory workshop that precedes the dance. All dancers are welcome at the workshop, but first-time attendees receive a coupon for half-off admission at their next dance!
For more information on either dance, and lost and found, contact Laura Leonelli, 916-549-7093, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 23: contra dance
March 3: English country dance in Roseville
March 9: special birthday contra dance with Jeff Spero and Rodney Miller