Covid-19, the new coronavirus, is spreading through California, and we need to work together to stop its transmission by staying home for a while. Protecting our community is a key value of SCDS, so we have reluctantly chosen to cancel our dances through June 30th. At that time, we will re-evaluate the situation and decide what to do going forward. We’re very sorry to miss dancing with all of you and hope to be able to see you again soon!
One consequence of this decision is that we will not be able to meet in person to elect a new Board of Directors in April. Instead, the slate of nominees is listed below and in our email newsletter, and we will ask you to vote by email at the end of next month. Please share this information with anyone you know who might be interested. (If you are not yet receiving our email announcements, you can sign up at https://groups.io/g/SactoCDS.)
If you’d like to support freelance callers and musicians during this difficult time, CDSS (our parent organization) has put together a list of ways to help here: https://www.cdss.org/covid19/send-love-to-freelancers.
2020-2021 SCDS Board of Directors nominations: